[linux-lvm] Feature Request (revert a logical volume to its snapshot)

Title: Feature Request (revert a logical volume to its snapshot)

I really love the snapshot logical volume feature, and I use it for
making consistent backups of my system while it is running.

Recently, though I found myself wanting to use a snapshot logical volume
to preserve the state of a filesystem while I experimented with
changes.  When I needed to revert, I had to copy the contents from the
snashot logical volume, destroy the snapshot and snapshot source, and
then replace the snapshot source with the copy I made of the snapshot.

It seems like it would make sense for LVM to support a feature to revert
the source logical volume to the state it was in when the snapshot was
taken.  I read through all the man pages but I didn't see anything like
this.  I realize it might not be possible to do this atomically while
the source logical volume is active, but that's fine.  I would still
like to be able to do it when the source is inactive.