[linux-lvm] vgscan changing/resetting perms?

Hello!
I have a LVM2 question that I am guessing has been asked before, however, I can't find it anywhere in the archives. The problem is simple... I create a volume group called 'vgfoo' at /dev/vgfoo. I create all the devices logical volumes under it. I change the perms for the logical volumes/volume groups to a user:groupid other than root:root. At this point everything is fine.

Then I go ahead and reboot the host or someone comes along and runs a vgscan. VOILA! The perms for those files reset to root:root. How do I prevent that from happeneing? I want it so that I can make a device and set its perms to some user, and forget about it. Is that even possible? If so, how? Or, what am I doing wrong in setting up the lv/vg's?

TIA for any answers!

-jeff