[linux-lvm] linux don't boots

Hi,

I am new to linux and LVM, I have Red Hat Linux Ver.11 Fedora Core 2 installed on it, according to the LVM-How To Document I compiled my kernel with LVM support, it worked fine, then after reboot I gave vgscan command but it didn't worked, then according to the document I checked my /proc/lvm directory , but didnt found any lvm directory then I tried "modprobe lvm-mod" command the process ran for some time but still my /proc did not had  any lvm folder, then when I rebooted next day, after loading vmlinuz & initrd it stops after showing following message

 "Starting Red Hat Linux "

 press 'I' to enter interactive setup

please help me.

-Pritam