[linux-lvm] Re: bootloader questions

On 2005-02-21, rich turner <rich storix com> wrote:
> this is perhaps the wrong mailing list but is this the case with
> software raid as well? although, i believe the software raid must be
> raid level 1.

I personally have had great success with /boot being raid 1.  I have
had absolutely no success with /boot working as an LV using either
lilo or grub.

That being said, I'm never going to put / onto an LV again.  I had a
scare this weekend trying to recover all of my LV's without having a
reliable VG backup - which of course was stored on /.  I've moved /
onto raid1, and put /home, /var/log, and /var/www onto LV's.