[linux-lvm] Extending a stripped Logical Volume

AJ Lewis alewis at redhat.com
Tue Jan 11 17:00:53 UTC 2005

Olmo González Alcojor <olmo at olmo.org> writes:

> 95388 PE of 4mb each is ~370 Gbyte, right? I may be missing something... I've tried to lvextend and get the same error, even when trying to extend just 1Gbyte.

You had 4 disks originally, and you striped across all of them,
presumably with -i4.  Now you added 2 disks, and you're trying to
stripe 4 ways across them (because lvm2 defaults to the stripe size of
the previous segment).  This will fail because you don't have 4 disks
to stripe across.  To do this, you will need to specify '-i2' to your
lvextend command.  If the free space is split evenly across the 2 new
disks, you should be able to fill the entire vg with 'lvextend -l95388
-i2 /dev/nasvg/naslv'