[linux-lvm] Building lvm2 against 2.6.10...

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 31 06:23:49 UTC 2005

Luca Berra wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 01:48:07AM -0700, Gerald Schepens wrote:
>
>> The configure script fails for lvm2 with the following...
>>
>> checking linux/fs.h usability... no
>> checking linux/fs.h presence... no
>> checking for linux/fs.h... no
>> configure: error: bailing out
>>
>> There isn't much of use in the config.log.
>
> well, there should be something, maybe something referring to pgoff_t?
>
> check you have defined pgoff_t in /usr/include/linux/types.h

Actually, I just wasn't looking far enough up in the config.log. I found
a few of the problems but I haven't been able to get the thing to
compile. Here's the skinny:

- The asm directory doesn't exist in the linux-2.6.10 subdirectory.
There are only asm-ppc, asm-x86_64, asm-i386, etc. So I made a symlink
to the appropriate one in /usr/include.

- There is no header file that I could find anyway, called
libdevmapper.h. I symlinked it to device-mapper.h.

- Now, there's some kind of problem with the definition of sector_t.

Probably all things that need to be addressed in the future with regard
to 2.6.10... unless, based on the things I've said here, my machine
sounds like I've got installation issues.