Re: [linux-lvm] pvcreate prblem

sometimes you have to reboot for partition changes to take effect.
what does this show:   fdisk -l

susmitha wrote:

Hi,

I am new to LVM.
I want t o create LVM volume group.
So first I created a partition and then runned "pvcreate"
root localhost ~# pvcreate /dev/hda5
 Device /dev/hda5 not found.

But that is present.I didn't get why it is showing "Device not found" Can anyone help me.It is urgent for me.

Can I create volume group on EVMS volumes?

Thanks, susmitha