From: linux-lvm-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-lvm-bounces redhat com]
On Behalf Of Philip Rhoades
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 4:02 PM
To: linux-lvm redhat com
Subject: [linux-lvm] lvm and reducing vols/ext3

People,

I have looked around at the docs and googled and it seems if I want to
reduce a root vol/partition I have to:

- boot on an emergency CD

- resize the root ext3 partition

- reduce the lv

Isn't this process just making the exercise more complicated than it
would have been if I didn't have LVs?

Thanks,

Phil.