Re: [linux-lvm] pvcreate issues

Henrik Morsing wrote:
AJ Lewis wrote:

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 02:48:11PM -0400, Arshavir Grigorian wrote:

You're sure sd[c-f] is not the same device on multiple paths?

How can I be sure? How do I check?

This SAN exports another set of 4 LUNs to a different server and they
work just fine.

It does look like you're seing the same disk through four different paths.
What OS is the other server running? The people that setup the SAN should
know if it is multi pathed or not.

Looks like it might be a problem with the type of firmware we have on the SAN which only allows for one active fiber channel controller at a time. The second controller should be used only when the first one fails. What we were doing was to export the first set of 4 volumes through one controller and another set of 4 on the other controller, hence the problem. We will either have to change the firmware to allow for 2 active controllers (no failover spare) or buy a switch to make all the volumes accessible to more than one server through the first fc controller.

Arshavir Grigorian
Systems Administrator/Engineer