RE: [linux-lvm] lvcreate goes into deep-sleep while creating an xfssnapshot

Hi,

> The HOWTO is way old,
I wouldn't consider 10/2004 way old. If it's way old, I'm
ancient ;)

But seriously, that part of the howto should be updated then.
I'm not the first nor will I be the last to run into that
snag.

> with LVM2 the XFS filesystem is 'frozen'
> automaticly on the mount -onouuid,ro ( not quite sure, but
> probably also
> for LVM1 ..., think it's in the XFS code ).
> So, forget xfs_freeze.
Yes, after posting I found a corresponding entry in debians
bug tracking system. Issueing xfs_freeze -u /filesystem
will make everything to back to normal.

> It's freezing your box, not your filesystems.
Freezing the lvm processes, the box itself was still responsive.

Regs,
Sven