Re: [linux-lvm] Does LVM2 support mirrored volumes

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 12:31:38PM -0400, David Plainfosse wrote:
> y	Turns on mirror write consistency which insures data consistency
> among mirrored copies of a logical volume during normal I/O processing.

That comes as default with device-mapper - there's no option to turn it off.

> I have read in archived emails that the lvcreate  -m1 option enables
> mirrored copies but it is not officially
> supported. Do you know if a particular LVM2 release support mirrored volumes
> ?

Work is progressing on this - some limited mirror features are available
in 2.01.12:
  Can create new volumes as mirrors, and remove them when not active.
  lvchange -an doesn't work properly yet and must be followed with some
  dmsetup remove.  Device failure is not handled.  Power cut / reset button
  is handled OK, keeping the mirror images in sync with each other.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com