Re: [linux-lvm] Is LVM safe?

On 20. Jun 2005, at 15:49 Uhr, John Rowe wrote:

If I have a Physical Volume which is the only Physical Volume in a
Volume Group, can I always recover the recover the Volume Group if I
have absolutely nothing else just like I can with an ext3 partition?

Yes, it's easy. You just need a kernel with DM-Support and the LVM2-Tools.

A simple

vgscan
vgchangs -ay

And you have your "Partitions" back.