Re: [linux-lvm] Is LVM safe?

> > The idea that a disk partition needs Unix file to be able to read it is
> > absolutely astonishing.
>
> What?

I'm getting two different answers here. One person says I don't
need /etc/lvm.*, the other says I do!

FWIW, I'm running Linux version 2.6.9-5.0.5.EL having 'upgraded' from
RedHat9 to Scientific Linux 4 (a RedHat Enterprise clone), and I can't
see my LVM..

Of course I have backups but it worries me for the future.

John