Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 Volume and Volume group naming nomenclature

SR> But there is a major problem. LVM2 will not (from what I can see)
SR> recognize volume group names like VG00.

I think you must be confused, or you're not talking about what I think
you are:

# vgdisplay

  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               vg0
[...]

Heck, you can call them whatever you want.  I use "sys" and "data" on
some of my machines.  You can even rename them with vgrename.

 - J<