Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 Volume and Volume group naming nomenclature

Not sure what problems you were having with creating
your volume group but I freed up some disk space and
created VG00 just to be sure:

le:~# vgcreate VG00 /dev/hda4
  Volume group "VG00" successfully created
le:~# vgdisplay VG00
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               VG00
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        1
  Metadata Sequence No  1
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                0
  Open LV               0
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                1
  Act PV                1
  VG Size               9.44 GB
  PE Size               4.00 MB
  Total PE              2417
  Alloc PE / Size       0 / 0
  Free  PE / Size       2417 / 9.44 GB
  VG UUID
DFHRBm-Jxsv-ZYXG-PYPx-3pv0-vYj3-pRIe7O

--- Sam Rogers <srogers redshift com> wrote:
> But there is a major problem. LVM2 will not (from
> what I can see)
> recognize volume group names like VG00. I do not
> understand? Why type
> Volgroup00 when VG00 is quicker. In the HPUX version
> you can name the
> volume group and logical volume anything you want. I
> don't see why we
> can't do the same. It took me over a year to figure
> why LVM2 was not
> working in an install until I gave up naming the
> volume group and let it
> default to Volgroup00.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail