[linux-lvm] lvextend

I am trying to add a full hard drive to my LV by following the directions at
TLDP.org.  It says there to use lvextend -L +XXG where XX is the size in GB
you want to add to the LV.  Is there a more simple way to just add a whole
hard drive ie: /dev/hde

It seems like a pain to have to manually figure out the size of the hard drive
then add it using lvextend -L +200GB for a 200GB hard drive especially since
we all know its not actually 200GB.

Thanks for your response.

Terry Rigby