[linux-lvm] nbd messages

David Johnston david at littlebald.com
Mon Jun 27 03:25:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 18:56, Cyril Chaboisseau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since a couple of months I've got the following messages at boot :
>
> nbd0: Request when not-ready
> end_request: I/O error, dev nbd0, sector 0
> Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 0
> Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 1
> Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 2

*snip*

nbd is the Network Block Device, a kernel module that allows you to
access a block device on a remote host as if it were a local block
device.

Are you using LVM over nbd?  If not, I would probably try to tell LVM to
ignore the nbd* devices (if I recall correctly, add "r/nbd*/" to the
beginning of the filter line in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf).

--
David Johnston <david at littlebald.com>
Little Bald Consulting, LLC