[linux-lvm] Export an LV?

Jason Heiss jheiss-lvm at ofb.net
Mon Jun 27 23:59:04 UTC 2005

OK, having looked through the code for vgreduce it's clear that the
important parts of the --removemissing code aren't getting called for
some reason.  Probably some sort of bug, I'll try to look at it later if
I get a chance.

In the meantime, I've put the two drives for the LV I'm trying to move
back into my server.  Now I'd like to find out if there is a right way
to move an LV to another machine.  As before I've got a VG with two
LVs.  One LV is on one physical drive, the other LV is spread over two
drives.  I'd like to move the second LV to another system.  I don't see
an obvious way to do that.  vgexport/vgimport would allow me to move the
entire VG, but I don't want to do that.  I could use vgreduce to kick
the two associated physical volumes out of the VG, but I don't see any
way to reconstruct the volume on the new machine with my data intact.
Is there a way to do this?  (I'm guessing no, but thought I'd check.)

Jason

--
Jason Heiss
PGP key:  http://ofb.net/~jheiss/jheiss.pgp.txt