Re: [linux-lvm] how to remove the inactive physical volume ??

You need to setup a filter in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf.
See:   man lvm.conf

Sambit Nanda wrote:

Is there any command exactly oppose to pvcreate ?

when i ran thoi command pvcreate /dev/cciss/c0d1p[5-13]

i got this error  :  pvcreate -- can't open physical
volume "/dev/cciss/c0d1p3" to get its size

though i have not mentioed the device c0d1p3

then i noticed from pvscan

pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/cciss/c0d1p1"  is in no VG
[1 KB]
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/cciss/c0d1p5"  is in no VG
[9.32 GB]
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/cciss/c0d1p6"  is in no VG
[9.32 GB]
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/cciss/c0d1p7"  is in no VG
[4.66 GB]
..

the c0d1p1 is acctually my Extended partion

but my pvscan also show the same device
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/cciss/c0d1p1"  is in no VG
[1 KB]

i do not what is wrong here, so i like to remove this
enrty from my pvscan

i tried with pvmove and got error ERROR: can't move physical extents: volume

please guide me how i will able to move the enrty ?

or what is the exact command to remove or delete all
physical volume. If i want to remove all physical volume i created

with this error i also notice one warning message on
my primary disk. I had never seen this before ..

Warning: invalid flag 0x0000 of partition table 5 will
be corrected by w(rite)

Thanks,

Sambit Nanda 203-553-3424 (O)