[linux-lvm] Can't mount logical volume - super block error

I had a functioning lvm using four hard discs, but found it necessary
to rebuild my operating system. Since then, while the vg and lv come
online are read available, I can't actually mount the filesystem or do
anything with it. It says it cannot read the superblock at locations 2
and 16.

does anybody have any thoughts on this?

I've tried 2.00.25 and 2.00.33.