[linux-lvm] df doesn't display increased available disk space

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Fri Mar 4 19:07:16 UTC 2005

I think you are making a potentially very dangerous mistake!

Type 8e is a partition type. You don't want to use resize2fs on the PARTITION,
which is not an ext2 partition, but an lvm partition. You want
to resize the filesystem on the logical VOLUME.

And yes, resize2fs is appropriate for logical volumes. But resize the VOLUME
(e.g. /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00), not the partition or volume group.