Re: Re: [linux-lvm] mirroring in LVM2

I am trying to implement the concept of RAID 1 that is the mirroring in the LVM2 on 2.6.7 kernel version. LVM2 is implemented with the help of the device-mapper. What is the exact reason for adding the device mapper in 2.6 kernel source tree and throwing LVM2 out of kernel source tree.

-Pritam

"LVM general discussion and development" wrote:

Le 02.03.2005 09:49:17, pritambhavsar a écrit :
> Hello to all
>

> I am new to LVM2 and trying do the mirroring, please tell me how to
> do that.

As mirroring is not yet available in lvm, you have to install a lvm
over a raid1.

> I have Fedora Core 2 with LVM2 2.00.25.
>

> -Pritam

Jean-Luc

Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
My PresenceH! elp