[linux-lvm] LVM partitions not being mounted?

Michael Bellears mbellears at staff.datafx.com.au
Tue Mar 15 05:17:44 UTC 2005

Debian 3.0 server - Been working flawlessly for ~12months, Reboot now
produces the following:

vgchange -- ERROR: can't get name(s) of physical volumes
vgchange -- ERROR: Please check, if /proc is mounted

All lvm partitions are not mounted, and subsequently fsck.reiserfs fails
on each one of these mounts (So I get dumped in single user mode)

I read in the archives that it may be caused by devfs compiled into the
kernel, but not mounted?

Regards,

Michael Bellears B.Sc (Computer Science)
ISP / Data Centre Manager
Data FX Online Pty. Ltd.
Tel: 1800 111 611
Fax: +61 7 5592 3320
Computing Services and Broadband Internet Access
http://www.datafx.com.au