[linux-lvm] Disk crash, lost volume group, cant remove lost disk

I was adding a disk to my volume group and after adding it, extending the volume and logical groups I was going to resize my ext3 fs but had to do a fsck first (which was good).

One of my drives totally dies on me. After that I can't recover my volume group.

Is there any way of removing a physical volume from a volume group by uuid?

vgcfgrestore fails, vgscan returns alot of missing uuids... Been Google'ing for hours and no answers yet.

Not on the list but if you have any ideas, it would be much appriciated.

Regards,
Andri