[linux-lvm] Do I need vgcfgrestore or blockdev, vgscan etc.

I have a similar problem like Bryan Ragon some days ago: after a
reboot the LVM partition is not mounted. My idea is that this was my
procedure:
Under a running udev I installed the logical volume lvol0 in a volume
group vg0. So there is an entry of the device in/dev/mapper/vg0-lvol0.
 But this entry isn't made in "static" directory (what udev saves
under /.dev).
Is it right, that lvm made an (inode?) entry in the partition for the
device?

After an update && upgrade of the Debian/GNU sarge system, the
behavior of udev seems to change and the device /dev/mapper/vg0-lvol0
isn't there (anymore).

So my questions are:
1. Is (always) it useful/recommended, to make entries (by pvcreate etc.)
without a running udev or should it be the same?
2. Will get back my lvm-partition by vgcfgrestore or have I to do the
toolchain which Bryan did?
3. Or is it all wrong what I think?-)