Re: [linux-lvm] swap on LVM

Thomas Schwinge wrote:
I've had crashes directly attributable to Swap on LVM both LVM1 and LVM2.

I can't confirm that, as I've been using swap partitions on LVs on
several systems with both LVM1 and LVM2 for some years without problems.

Everything seemed to be working fine on those servers -- except that once every few months, the customer would call and complain that the machine had "locked up" without reason.  Usually it was when they'd been doing something memory intensive.

In each case, moving swap onto its own partition or into a file on a non-LVM partition fixed the problem.
--
Michael T. Babcock