[linux-lvm] swap on LVM

Michael T. Babcock mike at mikebabcock.ca
Mon May 2 12:58:46 UTC 2005

Thomas Schwinge wrote:

>>I've had crashes directly attributable to Swap on LVM both LVM1 and LVM2.
>>

>I can't confirm that, as I've been using swap partitions on LVs on
>several systems with both LVM1 and LVM2 for some years without problems.

Everything seemed to be working fine on those servers -- except that
once every few months, the customer would call and complain that the
machine had "locked up" without reason.  Usually it was when they'd been
doing something memory intensive.

In each case, moving swap onto its own partition or into a file on a
non-LVM partition fixed the problem.
--
Michael T. Babcock