[linux-lvm] can't find both drives using pvscan

James Griffith jbg at qwest.net
Thu May 5 07:12:25 UTC 2005

I had a power outage and of course don't have a UPS even though I was looking at one last week...
I rebooted and something broke

Couldn't find device with uuid 'Cg20dy-acXl-asa5-4L7v-5H5v-Iowz-LnWRXX'.
Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group vg_ftp.
Volume group "vg_ftp" not found

I have 2 250Gig /dev/hdc and /dev/hdd

pvscan can only see one drive and of course I have an old backup which i was just thinking about again....

Anyway is there a way that I can set the uuid to the pv and fix my vg and lv and still have my data??

Thanks in advance,
James