Re: [linux-lvm] "Close failed: Bad file descriptor" messages on p vcreate

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 10:49:00AM +0100, Sreedharan_Vinod emc com wrote:
> > > When I do pvcreate, I get deluged with "pvcreate  /dev/sdf: close
failed:
> > > Bad file descriptor" messages.

> > > On the same system, pvcreate another device succeeds.

> What architecture is this?

> It sounds similar to a known bug that is fixed in the RHEL4 Update 1
package.

I have seen this on i386. I have not tried it on other architectures as yet.

Can you point me to the bugzilla # that lists this symptom for my reference?

I will try it out with RHEL4 U1 and let you know.

Thanks.....

- Vinod