Re: [linux-lvm] help

David Mohr wrote:
Hi,

On 5/5/05, Diaz Rodriguez, Eduardo <ediaz pk25 com> wrote:

# From LVM how to

xfs
There is no way to shrink XFS file systems.

If your are touch lvm2 you must know that about 250Gx1000 and 233x1024.

try use xfs_repair -n for see the reparis..

I don't think that's an issue here because the history that was posted
did not include an xfs_grow after he grew the LV. As such this should
IMO be a pure LVM issue, because XFS was not grown.

Yep. I never changed the size of teh XFS filesystem. The issue was with the underlying LVM geometry.

I use (but it is only a personal opinion, this is very dangerous)
(use again the first commands).
vgextend my_volume_group /dev/hdc1
lvextend -L250G /dev/HOME_VG/HOME_LV
lvscan

Hmm, I agree that it sounds a bit "dangerous" but it might be worth a shot.

Well it worked. I've since copied everything off the logical volume and recreated it with the correct size.

In this point use xfs_repair -n
If you see good, use xfs_repair (pray)....
if you don't have luck try xfs_repair -d (after of this reboot) (read man
xfs_repair)
try to mount. (pray again).....

See above, should not be necessary.

Thanks to all for the help.

Regards,

--
Colm G. Connolly		| Tel   : +353-1-716-2855
Department of Computer Science	| Fax   : +353-1-269-7262
University College Dublin (UCD)	| Web   : http://inismor.ucd.ie/~colmconn
Belfield, Dublin 4, √Čire	| MSN   : colmconn hotmail com
begin:vcard
fn:Colm G. Connolly
n:Connolly;Colm
org:University College Dublin;Computer Science
adr:;;Belfield;Dublin;;4;Ireland
email;internet:Colm Connolly ucd ie
title:Dr
tel;work:+353-1-716-2855