Re: [linux-lvm] "pvchange --uuid" failed when PV is in use

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 09:32:11PM +0900, Shinn'ya Hoshino wrote:
> I tried to "pvchange --uuid /dev/sdc1" to change of PV UUID.
> But FAILED to change PV UUID on PV metadata, only changed on VG
> metadata. I'm trying to correct source code, please help.

I'd hoped to extend vg_write to handle this, but it got too
complicated and I didn't complete it.

I've checked an alternative fix into CVS.
  (Treats it like vgreduce + pvchange -u + vgcfgrestore then
   optimises most of the intermediate steps away)

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com