[linux-lvm] Re: Daemon or Thread with 5 minute interval

Howard Rifkin wrote:
 So, my question is does anyone know of a
kernel thread or daemon in the 2.4 kernel that wakes up every 5 minutes?

[kupdated] can cause massive CPU load if your kernel does not have the IDE chipset support for your system. I think it flushed any data in the HD
buffers to disk and if the chipset support isn't there, then the main CPU has
to do this using PIO.

--
Bill