Re: [linux-lvm] Unable to remove a pvmove LV

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:28:20PM +0200, Delian Krustev wrote:
> Surprisingly after trying to resume some minutes
> later I've found the move had completed successfully.

The userspace process just manage and monitor the pvmove - the actual
work is done by a kernel thread.

So killing the userspace processes doesn't stop the pvmove.
Only pvmove --abort is capable of telling the kernel to
abandon it.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com