[linux-lvm] PV Initialization

Hi,

I like to create the physical volume on my Fibre channel drive. I use fdisk /dev/sda to create one primary partition which is the whole size of disk and run "pvcreate /dev/sda" then I got the following error message  "/dev/sda: close failed: bad file descriptor". Anybody knows what this means and how to solve this problem?

If I create two partitions /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 then I was able to run "pvcreate /dev/sda1" & "pvcreate /dev/sda2" ok.

Thanks!

Tom Wang