[linux-lvm] Help repairing a corrupted superblock in an LVM

Chip Tondreau chip at tondreau.net
Wed Nov 16 13:57:58 UTC 2005

Never mind.  It would appear that using reiserfsck rather than fsck is what
is required.

   reiserfsck --rebuild-sb /dev/system/root
   reiserfsck --check  /dev/system/root
   reiserfsck --rebuild-tree  /dev/system/root

seems to have cured the problem.  The file system is now mountable and short
of 30 some odd files that were written to the bad drive, all the data is in
tact!