Re: [linux-lvm] lvm corruption...

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

I saw your posting from March 2005 to linux-lvm list.

You said you fixed your "Group descriptors corrupted" issue by accessing the vg.

How did you do this?

I also am troubleshooting this LVM "Group descriptors corrupted" problem.

It can boot rescue disk which has lvm tools. pvdisplay and lvscan appear to work. I don't see any /dev/VolGroup00 directory though.

For the archives, I ended up solving it like the following:

Booted with rescue mode on fedora DVD. Do not select to find local
filesystems.

lvm vgscan -mknodes

lvm vgchange -ay

mkswap -c /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01

fsck -a /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 # took a long time

Had to redo the swap, because Fedora boot hung at the enabling swap step.

I don't know how the corruption all happened in the first place.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/