Re: [linux-lvm] One of 8 PVs dead - Trying to rescue data from remaining 7

Craig Hagerman wrote:
On 10/31/05, Tom Robinson <tom robinson oxtel com> wrote:

I am curious about what to do in general if I have one disc fail on a
multi-LVM system. Personally I have a two disc LVM system. You problem
made me realize I have no idea what to do to recover data if one of
the discs has a problem. Anyone have the answer?

Craig

I use raid 5 just for this problem. Have dropped 2 of the 3 raid devices and system keeps on truckin'. You can hot add devices back in and keep going while they sync. Good luck.

Regards,

Old Fart