[linux-lvm] Enterprise Backup Software with good support for LVM

Steffen Plotner swplotner at amherst.edu
Tue Nov 29 18:43:17 UTC 2005

Hello,

I would like to add that creating backups of LVM snapshots is sensible,
as the data is in a crash-consistent state. Today's operating systems
can definitely handle this type of state. I have developed scripts that
effectively netcat contents from LVM snapshots to a remote machine
(either into another logical volume or simply a file).

Steffen