[linux-lvm] lvm + raid (confused)

Hi,

I've got a hardware raid in place. I'd like to add snapshots via lvm to it but unfortunately the underlying filesystem is ext3 which cannot be resized downwards; therefore I would like to add another disk.

Now for the problem:

I would like to add a secondary (physical) disk to the mix and use it for snapshots only. However I do not want the lvm to stay writing to that disk for normal data since this seconday disk would not be part of my hardware raid. In other words, I wouldn't care if the snapshot drive failed because I would just replace it.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks.
Wallace