Re: [linux-lvm] removing LVM remotely

Tom wrote:

I have had a server set up with centos4 and the person who installed didn't follow my instructions, I wanted the partitioning set up without LVM and he used LVM, is there any way I can remove it and setup with normal partitoning remotely? (the server is in another country) i.e. /dev/hda1 hda2 hda3 etc.

If the root filesystem is on an LV, then removing all traces of LVM will be non-trivial, even if you have access to the system. Remotely it will be quite difficult, and will require someone rebooting the machine using a live CD of some sort that you can use to manipulate the system. You will also need adequate spare disk space to move things around without losing them.