[linux-lvm] renaming vg and lvs

Hi --

I am running FC3, LVM2, and GRUB, and would like to change the names of the installed by default VGs and LVs.  I have a total of 1 VG containing 3 LVs; one of the LVs is mounted as /.  I am assuming that I can use lvrename and vgrename to accomplish this.  Do I need to do it in a certain sequence (e.g., VG first, reboot, followed by the LVs)?  I am assuming that /etc/fstab is all I need to modify after the rename.  Since the VG and one of the LVs are related to /, I guess I will have to also edit /boot/grub/grub.conf; do I need to reinstall the bootstrap (e.g., with grub-install)?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

--Marcin