RIF: [linux-lvm] LVM2 problems!!

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 10:43:16 UTC 2005

Caligiuri, Marco Ernesto wrote:
> On this machine ... i can't use redhat cluster suite , because we use a different cluster software.... the daemon clvmd is necessary ? is necessary configure redhat cluster for work with LVM2?
> Sorry i haven't a great experience ...about this   can you explain to me in simple words...what i need for create a volume....
> thank you

I don't know what cluster software you're using but if you can't use RHCS then
you're going to have real problems running GFS and cluster LVM - they're a
package you can't plug bits of one suite into another and expect it to work.

If you want to use LVM (note NOT clustered LVM) then reset locking_type to 1 in
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf.

But it sounds like you need to sort out your clustering environment first.

patrick