[linux-lvm] Mounting LVM partitions issue.

Hi all,

I'm new with LVM, but i know what a Volume Manager is. ... I have a small problem and I need someone help me to solve it (or determine it's unsolveable).

I had a machine running redhat, ... with 1 disk and 2 partitions:

/dev/hda1 -> boot partition.
/dev/hda2 -> LVM partition.

I made one change on one /etc/sysconfig ... file. And after rebooting I only get kernel pannic. I have started several live cd's (knoppix, ubuntu ... ) and tryed to mount the LVM partition, so I can undo the changes. But I can´t mount it.

No lvm related command retunrs usefull information.

¿Is there any way to rescue a LVM partition?

On normal booting I get the error:

Scanning logical volumes
File descriptor 3 left open
	Reading Physical volumes ....
	Incorrect  metadata area header checksum
Activating logical volumes
File descriptor 3 left open
	Incorrect  metadata area header checksum
	Unable to find volume grou "VolGroup00"
ERROR: /bin/lvm exited abnormally !
Creating root device
Mounting root filesuystem
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
mount: error 2 mounting none
.
.
.
kernel panic - not syncing ...

Any idea about how to recover de disk ??

Thanks a lot.

Jaime Martínez Muñoz
Grupo de Soporte e Integración
de Plataformas y Servicios.