Re: [linux-lvm] Resizing LVM Revisited

Michael Loftis wrote:

For 2.4 kernels (2.4.20 and later) we've always used ReiserFS and had extremely good results with online/hot expansion on top of LVMs. We use ext3 for our static os/boot areas but all of our data areas, and since we're using debian, that's just /var, and maybe /home, reside on LVM + ReiserFS.

Hi All,

whilst not a direct solution to my current situation I'll keep your ideas in mind for future deployment. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.