Re: [linux-lvm] Can LVM2 and CLVM co-exist

Edward Muller wrote:
> I have a system using LVM2 and recently setup a CORAID (www.coraid.com)
> device. I'd like to use CLVM to manage the volumes on the device. But someone
> mentioned that LVM2 and CLVM may be incompatible.

What exactly are you trying to do?

LVM2 & CLVM can't be incompatible - they are the same thing! installing the
lvm2-cluster RPM doesn't replace any LVM2 components, it provides a new locking
method for clustered VGs and a daemon to distribute the commands across the cluster.

--

patrick