Re: [linux-lvm] Can LVM2 and CLVM co-exist

On Friday 28 October 2005 02:19 am, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> Edward Muller wrote:
> > I have a system using LVM2 and recently setup a CORAID (www.coraid.com)
> > device. I'd like to use CLVM to manage the volumes on the device. But
> > someone mentioned that LVM2 and CLVM may be incompatible.
>
> What exactly are you trying to do?
>
> LVM2 & CLVM can't be incompatible - they are the same thing! installing the
> lvm2-cluster RPM doesn't replace any LVM2 components, it provides a new
> locking method for clustered VGs and a daemon to distribute the commands
> across the cluster.

What's an RPM? :-)
j/k - This is on gentoo linux and it's a separate package and doesn't depend
on the lvm package.

But on investigating further I see that they compile lvm with clvm in that
package. Presumably so you can have different versions of clvm and lvm
installed. Why you would want to do that I don't know.

--
Edward Muller - Interlix
edwardam interlix com