[linux-lvm] lvm --minor changing

I need to specify the --minor value for my NFS-exported filesystems, since otherwise I get stale filehandles when rebooting the server:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2005-May/msg00029.html

Question is how to do this w/o going into single-user mode? If I change it while the system is up, won't the sudden change in the minor number break things? Is it safest to just use fsid=num in my exports file?

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| <menscher uiuc edu> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(650)273-2757 |#=-
-=#| The above opinions are not necessarily those of my employers. |#=-