[linux-lvm] LVM2 growing striped volumes

Bill Ranck ranck at vt.edu
Wed Sep 14 12:37:04 UTC 2005

Hello folks,
   I have a Redhat AS4 system to which is attached some SAN storage and
I'm using LVM2 to manage the LUNs.  So, for example, I have a volume
group consisting of 3 separate LUNs and then defined on that I have
logical volumes striped across all 3.  Does LVM2 have any mechanism to
add a new LUN to this VG and then restripe the LVs?  I am used to using
Veritas on Sun systems which can do this, but I don't see anything
obvious in LVM.  Is there any hope, or do I just have to rebuild from
scratch?

--
Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.