Re: [linux-lvm] LVM Status?

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 10:15 -0500, Don Shesnicky wrote:
> How do you check the status of an LVM set of disks in RHEL3 and 4?
> The LVM FAQ mentions that you should have a /proc/lvm but my default
> RHEL3 and 4 systems do not have this directory in /proc and doing a
> Modprobe for lvm-mod does not create one. On an RHEL4 test system I
> do see an lvm tool but it doesn't show the status.

I'm not *sure* about this, but I believe that /proc/lvm was only used
for LVM 1.0, while device-mapper doesn't have such a thing. RHEL3 is
based on a 2.6 kernel, right?

How about the userspace tools instead? Try pvdisplay, vgdisplay or
lvdisplay, depending on what info you want. Or is there some other info
that you're hunting for?

Fredrik Tolf