[linux-lvm] LVM NOT scary! (was: LVM scary!)

Thomas Schwinge tschwinge at gnu.org
Mon Apr 3 12:41:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 01:32:48PM +0100, Jim Ford wrote:
> Hmm, there are so many horror stories on this forum that I'm beginning
> to wish that I hadn't chosen the LVM option when I installed my Kubuntu
> system! Mind you, having said that, I never had problems with 5 years of
> software raid on a Slackware box.

Well, it's commonly know that mostly the horror stories are what people
tell each other and remember.  And especially in this very place, as it's
main purpose (apart from developing the software further) is to be a
contact point for people encountering such issues.

I'm quite sure that there are (ten- / hundred-)thousands of LVM
installations that just work; like those I did on a number of systems.

> Just though I'd mention it!

Me too.

Regards,
 Thomas

P.S. Next project for me: make GRUB2 read LVM volumes.  Anyone who wants
to help or has already done something, please speak up now.