Re: [linux-lvm] pvmove to smaller PVs

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:34:18PM +0200, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> Can pvmove not just divide that storage into three "partitions",

There's no logic to do that yet.  It can only move complete sets of
contiguous extents.

> Is there a way for me to tell it to do so?

As you found: break up contiguous extents explicitly on
the command line by telling it to move smaller parts that it
can handle.

Use '--alloc anywhere' if you need to move data within a single PV.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com